Responsible for the development and administration of efficient and professional operations of occupational health services in accordance with company policies, practices, procedures, and applicable regulations to achieve the desired goals and objectives. Assists with all aspects of health services staffing, competency, processes, customer service, and quality improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These Include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned. Oversee and manage the administrative and operational activities of occupational health services
• Assure compliance with regulatory requirements related to clinical operations
• Responsible for securing and developing all records, equipment, and programs related to occupational health services
• Collaborate with outside resources for program development, such as healthcare providers, third-party administrators, legal advisers, medical director, regulatory agencies, etc.
• Evaluate and treat all injuries and illnesses in an efficient and professional manner within the scope of practice and consistent with clinical nursing guidelines . Guide and direct all referrals to outside healthcare providers and services Provide or manage the required physical evaluation programs and services to meet regulatory requirement; such as OSHA, Department of Transportation, CDC, etc.
*Train and lead ergonomic team to assess jobs and provide input regarding ergonomic improvements. Administer the company’s Drug-Free Workplace Program. Assist with the accident investigation program to identify root cause analysis of all incidents and near misses.
* Provide appropriate case management
• Manage all cases to facilitate productivity, assuring appropriate care and return to work
• Includes workers’ compensation, short- and long-term disability cases
• Assess healthcare needs, then implement and manage healthcare programs to improve health and facilitate return to work, maintain OSHA records/ reports and worker medical files
• Assist departments with identifying, evaluating, and implementing accommodations and return to work options for workers with restricted duty. Collaborate with Environmental Health and Safety, Operations, and Human Resources to develop operations, programs, and services by providing content expertise.
• Contribute in the design of controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work environment.
• Identify primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention and health promotion strategies to optimize health of the population. Supervisory Responsibilities Responsible for direct and indirect supervision of health services staff
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Language Skills: - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
*Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
*Mathematical Skills:- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
*Reasoning Ability: - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
*Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. *Computer Skills: - Intermediate computer skills are essential in use of an electronic medical record. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Active state license as registered nurse.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED
* Ability to multitask and possess great interpersonal skills.
* Travel to other company locations is required.
*Other Qualifications Must be willing to travel to other locations to assist with audits, training, and setup of new facilitates.
*May require extended stay in remote location for brief period of time for new acquisitions or start-up facilities.
Occupational health nurses begin their education by becoming registered nurses (RN) who seek graduate-level education in occupational health nursing (OHN). There are a wide variety of OHN programs for prospective students:
•MSN Community Health Nursing
•MSN Occupational Health Nursing, Adult Nurse Practitioner
•MSN Occupational Health Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner
•Master’s of Public Health, Occupational Health Nursing
•MSN Primary Health Care, Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner
•MSN Environmental Health, Occupational Health Nursing
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING CERTIFICATION
Upon completion of a graduate-level education in a nursing field related to occupational health, graduates may sit for the national certification exam.
National certification as either a Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or a Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S) is often sought out by occupational health nurses as a way to advance their careers and earn more money. We seek certified occupational health nurses because it ensures them that the nursing professional understands the requirements of regulatory agencies and protocols such as OSHA, FMLA, ADA, DOT, HIPPA, etc.
To qualify for COHN certification, the applicant must possess an associate degree or higher and hold an active RN license. This designation focuses mainly on direct clinical care.
To qualify for COHN-S certification, the applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher and hold an active RN license. This designation focuses on the roles of management, education, consultation, and case management, as well as direct care.
All applicants must show evidence of having at least 3,000 hours of occupational health nursing work experience in the five years prior to sitting for the exam. Nurses who have completed their education through a National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health-sponsored program are exempt from the work experience requirement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any worker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the worker is regularly required to talk and hear. The worker is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The worker is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The worker must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
HOW TO APPLY: -
Interested applicants should forward their Names, Phone Numbers, E-Mail, Post Applying for to 08132378898 or to the number stated on this advert, or send CV to hrm.datavisionnet @gmail.com. Not abiding to these rules and regulations will lead to TOTAL Disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please read safety tips
Do not pay in advance even for the delivery.
Please, check the background of the company!
DO NOT PAY for ANY certificates, form applications, etc