Supervises skilled craftsmen and semi-skilled workers. Plans and participates in construction, maintenance, renovation, and repair projects and activities.
• Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining and completing employee performance appraisals.
• Plans, assigns, supervises, and participates in the work of skilled and semi-skilled construction crews.
• Organizes and prioritizes daily assignments as a result of work orders, complaints, inspections or general improvement programs.
• Coordinates with other mantle coporation departments/public utilities that affect construction or excavation and coordinates notification of customers when service interruptions are necessary.
• Reviews plans, specifications, special provisions, and sequences of operation to determine construction methods, procedures, material, labor, and equipment necessary for assignments.
• Prepares studies and provides information on safety and liability of special projects.
• Notifies citizens who will be affected by construction and ensures area is restored as close to original condition as possible at the completion of the project.
• Prepares and maintains necessary reports, records, log books, records of equipment and supplies, and prepares and maintains employee attendance reports, accident reports, and incident reports.
• Uses engineering plans and drawings to lay out projects on site, check grades and alignments, and ensure construction items are built to specifications and conform to standards.
• Ensures the safety and well being of subordinates by conducting safety meetings and training, and ensuring equipment, tools, and vehicles are properly repaired and maintained.
• Meets and provides answers to citizens, contractors, and other mantle corporation personnel inquiries at the office or at various job sites.
• May review bid proposals, and may develop, review, implement, inspect, and enforce mantle corporation facility landscape maintenance standards.
• May research federal and state hazardous chemical reporting requirements, may conduct comprehensive training programs and implement safety standards for pesticide handling, storage, application, clean up, and disposal, and may maintain inventories and updated files of Material Safety Data Sheets and product labels for pesticides and other chemicals.
• Transports heavy equipment and/or materials to job sites.
• HND/BSc is the minimum requirement
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested Applicants should send their CV to the HR: mantlecoporation @gmail.com indicating the post being applied for as the SUBJECT or send their Name, Location, Qualifications, Phone Number, Post applying for to the MESSAGE BOX or phone number displayed in this advert. Failure to abide by these Rules and Regulations will lead to TOTAL disqualification.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview