Design or configure voice, video, and data communications systems. Supervise installation and post-installation service and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilties
• Review and evaluate requests from engineers, managers, and technicians for system modifications.
• Estimate costs for system or component implementation and operation.
• Prepare system activity and performance reports.
• Supervise maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
• Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging telecommunications technology by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
• Develop, maintain, or implement telecommunications disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity.
• Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, or compatibility with existing systems.
• Provide user support by diagnosing network and device problems and implementing technical or procedural solutions.
• Prepare purchase requisitions for computer hardware and software, networking and telecommunications equipment, test equipment, cabling, or tools.
• Use computer-aided design (CAD) software to prepare or evaluate network diagrams, floor plans, or site configurations for existing facilities, renovations, or new systems.
• Order or maintain inventory of telecommunications equipment, including telephone sets, headsets, cellular phones, switches, trunks, printed circuit boards, network routers, and cabling.
• Monitor and analyze system performance, such as network traffic, security, and capacity.
• Manage user access to systems and equipment through account management and password administration.
• Instruct in use of voice and data communications systems, such as voicemail and videoconferencing systems.
• Inspect sites to determine physical configuration, such as device locations and conduit pathways.
• Implement system renovation projects in collaboration with technical staff, engineering consultants, installers, and vendors.
• Implement or perform preventive maintenance, backup, or recovery procedures.
• Implement controls to provide security for operating systems, software, and data.
• Document user support activity, such as system problems, corrective actions, resolution status, and completed equipment installations.
• Document technical specifications and operating standards for telecommunications equipment.
• Document procedures for hardware and software installation and use.
• Work with personnel and facilities management staff to install, remove, or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices.
• Consult with users, administrators, and engineers to identify business and technical requirements for proposed system modifications or technology purchases.
• Assess existing facilities' needs for new or modified telecommunications systems.
• Communicate with telecommunications vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software, or services.
• Install, or coordinate installation of, new or modified hardware, software, or programming modules of telecommunications systems.
Skills and Abilities
• Familiarity with MS Office and databases
• Hands on experience with all telecommunications systems including peripheral equipment (e.g.computer networks, optical fiber, on site controllers, data modems, terminals, etc)
• Adequate interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Team player with customer service orientation.
Interested applicants should have;
• replaced_link degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or relevant field.
• Entry level work experience as a telecommunications engineer/specialist.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the number on this advert.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted