- Help the students access information within the library.
- Check out books, magazines, eReaders, and other materials for patrons.
- Search for, acquire, and provide information regarding various inquiries.
- Help users navigate the Internet, make copies using a copier, and check in books.
- Acquire, prepare, and classify materials.
- Write abstracts and summaries.
- Oversee the management and planning of libraries.
- Negotiate contracts for services, materials, and equipment.
- Supervise library employees.
- Raise awareness about events and lectures at the library.
- Prepare budgets and direct activities.
- Read book reviews.
- Recommend books and novellas to patrons.
- Select and purchase materials from publishers, wholesalers, and distributors.
- Enter classification information and descriptions of materials into electronic catalogs.
- Analyze collections and compile lists of books, periodicals, articles, audiovisual materials, and electronic resources on particular subjects.
- Collect and organize books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other materials in a specific field, such as rare books, genealogy, or music.
- Conduct classes.
- Write grants to gain funding for research.
- Maintain computerized databases.
- Develop and index databases and help train users to develop searching skills.
- keeping up to date with relevant professional developments in the library sector;
- A degree in one of the following subjects :
* information science/management;
* language studies;
- The ability to work as part of a team but also on your own initiative
- Communication and presentation skills
- ICT skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Candidates/Applicants should forward a Copy of their CVs to the HR: OR
forward their Names,Qualifications,Post Applying for and Phone Number to the message box OR to the Number displayed on this Advert.
Failure to abide by these Rules and Regulations will lead to TOTAL disqualification.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted