The work is almost entirely laboratory-based and technicians may work alone or as part of a team of scientific staff. The role includes conducting and supporting scientific investigations and experiments, as well as collecting and testing samples, writing reports and working alongside other.
• Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations;
• Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses;
• Preparing specimens and samples;
• Constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment, for example centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters;
• Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
• Recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to senior colleagues;
• Using computers and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs;
• Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
• Conducting searches on identified topics relevant to the research;
• Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
• Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials.
• Recording and analysing data.
• Demonstrating procedures.
• Collecting, preparing and/or testing samples.
• Maintaining equipment.
• Providing technical support.
• Presenting results to senior staff.
• Writing reports, reviews and summaries.
• Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
• Supervising staff.
Key skills and abilities required
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Analytical skills.
• The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems.
• Good hand-eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
• The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment.
• Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time.
• Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for a number of people.
• Excellent oral communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organisation and to explain complex techniques to interested parties.
• Experience in providing demonstrations and writing technical reports.
• Teamwork skills and patience.
A science degree is not always necessary, although good qualifications in appropriate scientific subjects (for example, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, life/medical/physical sciences) will be advantageous. Relevant practical laboratory work experience can also be beneficial.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to radiantglobal5@ gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 07— show phone
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted